Sunday, October 28, 2012

Some lovely cards for Christmas!

I love the holidays and I can't help but make things to give to people.  Usually we do a holiday letter and card to friends and family but this year I wanted to make some hand made cards and then just mail a pic. with the card.  Each one unique (& documented here) and no leftovers that we can't use next year.  I don't send out too many because of twitter and facebook so it's usually nothing new to those people I stay in touch with but I do have a number of friends that prefer their cards by snail mail instead of internet.  Understandable.  So here are my cards... oh and i used scraps because my scrap stash is now bigger than my paper stash... so I don't know exactly where all of the individual pieces come from.  I also used Stampin' Up! pens, colored pencils, Stampin' Up! ink pads and wooden block stamps as well as a 1 1/2" hexagon punch from creative memories, "Give thanks" stamp from the crafts meow, and die cuts from silhouette.  and the tutorial for the easle box is on Scor-pal.blogspot.com. okay... here are my cards and a layout:

This one is probably my favorite card today.  it's so simple and fun.  I based it off the sketch of the week from retrosketches.  I'm entering this in there: http://retrosketches.blogspot.com/

This one I stamped and colored with colored pencils. the hedgehogs add a bit of whimsy to an otherwise very serious wreath, i think.  this one is based off of the stuck on U sketch: http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.com/2012/10/2nd-card-sketch-for-october.html

I used a swirl embossing folder and my cuttlebug for this.  the ribbon is from studio G; the sketch is from ispy sketches~ ISSC39: http://ispysketches.blogspot.com/

My little easle box here is found on the scor-pal blog found Here and is for the Stuck on U sketches die cut challenge~pumpkin or vegetable: http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.com/2012/10/die-cut-challenge-oct-19-2012.html

And to go along with my 12 days of Christmas pages I made the 4th day to go along with the stuck on U sketch: http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.com/.  I used birds and mistletoe circle from silhouette, Hexagon journaling pattern from Patterns 'N Pens (creative memories), and the tags are dry embossed with branches and  birds with my cuttlebug.

I'll have more for everyone as I go.  I'm a stay at home mom, & in classes right now & knitting Christmas gifts so my time is a little short.  Please forgive me.  Love you all & hope you have a spook-tacular Halloween on Wednesday!  Happy Crafting Everyone!

11 comments:

  1. Such a creative way to use the sketch! Thanks so much for playing along at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you for getting into the Christmas card spirit! I just can't bring myself to get into the christmas cards yet. Thanks for joining our sketch at SOUS for one of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're certainly on a roll with your Chrsitmas cards Sandra, some nice work here. I love what you have done with the wreath on your SOUS entry card. The wee hedgehogs are adorable, and bring a whole new dimension to the card, nice one.
    And you have entered the die-cut challenge AND the Sketch challenge, my, you are sooooo organized!!! Loving the little birdies on the sketch take - too cute. Thanks for joining in again at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. beautiful cards and wonderful idea to use the sketch for one...thanks for playing with us at SOUS :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What beautiful projects!! They are all fabulous!! You did an awesome job on all of them!! Happy Halloween :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're a busy stay at home mom! Thanks for p,aging at I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a festive pretty holiday card! Love your other projects! Hope to see you again at SOUS! Happy Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great work! Thanks for playing along with us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous cards!!! Great take on the RetroSketch - Thanks so much for playing with us! Love the iSpy one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great cards......love your pretty holiday card! Thanks for sharing this with us at SouS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome cards...thanks for playing along with our pumpkin die cut challenge over as S.O.U.S
    hugs
    Nanné

    ReplyDelete