Friday, September 21, 2012

News of the day and lots of projects! enjoy!




Today has been hectic! to say the least.  My kids got me up at around 8 am (which to me is too early; esp. if I went to bed at around 1 which I did).  then after getting my migraine under control and feeding the kids I cleaned the house for Gwenna's party tomorrow and re-washed the laundry that was still in the machine since yesterday morning; cleaned up the pee spill in the kitchen, got the 2 year old out of the forbidden pit in the living room (it has books and things in it that need to stay away from kid fingers); took away cough drops that the kids found by my bed.  Then folded all the clean laundry (three loads worth) with my 2 & 4 year old helping all the while.  then answered all my emails (over 45 received over night; which might not seem like much to some of you) Then as I was finishing up 8 new projects I got the girls lunch, their 5th pair of clean clothes today, clean up the yogurt and orange juice that was spilled in the living room.  then cleaned up a pee mess in the kitchen and another in the forbidden pit (pit of despair to those who live here); throw away a few books that were soaked with pee :'( and re address my brother's congratulations baby card cause it came back to us :-/ Next my husband and I went searching for my daughter's magic underpants (they're there one second and gone the next... thank goodness she's not 16 yet). then the older daughter put shampoo all over her (dressed) younger sister's head and face so we gave the 2 year old a tearful impromptu bath (at least she smells better than after the said yogurt incident).  But even in all of this chaos I still love those little monsters and i'll get up tomorrow morning and do it all over again...

Anyway...
Thanks for listening to my rant and now onto my projects and their corresponding challenges etc.

1) First project I made for some sisters at my church that I plan on visiting this month.  the sketch is from stuck on U sketches but this one is for Link Up for Pink.  I loved the sketch so I had to use it and I saw this corset card on the silhouette store so I shrunk it down to fit on a little match book box.  the matchbook box is from Lettering Delights and the paper is from a paper pack I picked up at Porters.  Inside I put some candies (mostly so I wouldn't eat them).

http://www.linkupforpink.com/

2) Second project is for Stuck on U sketches based on this sketch: and I liked the box I made for link up for pink and so I decided to do another one for Stuck on U.  I really liked this gray paper so I used it instead of another pink box.


http://stuckonusketches.blogspot.com/




3) Third Project: this one is for 3 Girl Jam : coffee and ribbon  I don't drink coffee so I don't have many stamps that would go with this but I found a png file of a coffee bean and I have a stamp that says "How've ya Bean" ! love it :)

http://3girljamchallenge.blogspot.com/

4) Fourth Project: I made this cute little birthday card with 3 balloons for Made Especially for U weekly challenges (this one was 3 of an object; and the object was balloons) :)  I thought it would be a good boy card or something.

http://especiallymade.blogspot.com/p/weekly-challenge_9002.html


5) Fifth Project:  This one I really wanted to use some cut outs that I made and stored away for a rainy day.  while today is sunny and nice in Rexburg, Id I still wanted to use these cute houses!  And the stamp says "From our house to yours"! this is for Ispy sketches: ISSC34

6) Sixth Project: This next card was inspired by Bright Wish Kanzashi Studios http://www.flickr.com/photos/brightwishkanzashi/ I chose the dragonflies.  this card is for The Paper Cabana #3 & for Cardz TV: Bling.  
I got a png file of dragonflies and cut out the tracing of the outside for this project.  I used glitter glue, rhinestones and pearls for the bling.


(BRB my 2 year old found more cough drops and apparently my lip stick also... all right it was cough drops but not lip stick... it was my only cherry access bar [for working out; from Melaleuca] and now I think I want to give up...)
  
Links:
The paper Cabana:  http://www.thepapercabana.com/

okay I can do this... only 2 more projects to blog and then I can... I donno get my frustrations out through cleaning or something... or take a nap...

7) Project Seven:  is for DL.Art Halloween/ Fall colors or owl or all and Retro Sketch #29.  I bought a candy corn cut file from the silhouette online store and used  my Halloween stamps I received for Christmas a year or two ago and some white embossing powder to make this cute little card.


8) Eighth Project: this one is for CRAFT challenge #173 ~Children; and I loved the matchboxes that I made earlier that I wanted to make a bigger one this time.  I also used Costume Clubhouse cut it set from Lettering Delights for the boy and his bucket!  so cute and it reminded me of my 4 year old, Gwenna, cause she has a basket just like that she takes trick or treating.  I used some glitter glue to make the mask and the bandages pop as well as some Recollections foam adhesive mini circles as well as some velcro I bought at Walmart in their sewing department.




Happy Crafting everyone and hope you all join in on the fun at these great challenges!

32 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, I am exhausted just reading about your day! Your cards are great, I love your sparkly dragonflies! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Cabana!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful cards!! You've been busy! :) :) Thank you for entering Link Up for Pink's challenge.

    Yolie

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you find time to craft with days like this?! Glad you do, 'cus your cards are fabulous!! Love the dragonfies!! Thank you so very much for joining our Bling it Up challenge at Cardz TV Stamps!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love all your projects... thanks for playing with the paper cabana in all your ventures.. your projects are lovely! Kathi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow!! You have been super busy! All of your projects are fabulous, but I'm a little partial to your coffee one. :0)
    Thanks for linking up with 3 Girl JAM!
    - Julie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow you're busy and still had time make all these cute cards. Hats off to you!!! I'm a new follower. Hope you'll visit me and follow if you like.


    Tara

    www.crsftindesertdivas.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm... is the Cherry Access Bar good? I've been a little afraid to try them (or any of the other Access Bars either). Sounds like you might need the extra energy :). I don't know how you found time to do 8 great projects. Super job on all of them - especially the coffee card. Thanks for sharing it on the 3 Girl JAM challenge blog.

    Cheri - 3GJ Design Team
    www.djssundries.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your cards are fabulous! I love the blingy dragon flies :) Thanks for playing with us at Cardz Tv Stamps.

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. All your cards are super cute! Thanks for joining 3 GIrl JAM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for taking the challenge with us at Cardz Tv Stamps. All your cards are beautiful.
    Amanda
    http://craftsbyamanda.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. love the hot air balloons! thank you for sharing with us at MEFY!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great projects! I love your hot air balloon card for the MEFY challenge! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at MEFY! : )

    Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so cute Love your your candy corn
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday challenge
    DIANA L.
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards are so super fun!! Love the how have you bean? One! Thanks for joining us at 3 Girl Jam! DT Member Carri

    ReplyDelete
  15. What pretty cards, so many colors and styles to choose from. I luv'd them all! Thanks for joining us at SOUS, hope to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love the hot air balloons .. what a great take on the MEFY 3 balloon challenge! Great colours and great perspective! Thanks for sharing with us at Made Especially For You!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great job. Love this treat holder. Wow, you were busy! I take my hat off to you. Thanks for joining us this week at CTVS

    ReplyDelete
  18. Darling card!
    Great take on the sketch :)
    Thanks for joining LUFP!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, lots of great cards here Sandra, your life sounds so hectic - I'm exhausted...lol. Love that you took our sketch and made little boxes, and hiding the sweets so you don't eat them is too funny. Thanks for joining us at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many wonderful projects. I am delighted to stop in and take a peek at them all. You really are quite versatile when it comes to creating. Each one is so unique and they all fit the challenges you entered wonderfully. Thank you so much for sharing your How Ya Bean? card with us at 3 Girl JAM.
    :O)
    Jessica S
    3GJ DT

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great projects and I just had to laugh at your post. Oh, sweet motherhood! Thanks so much for playing along with the card sketch at STuck on U!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Great projects and cards. Thanks for joing LUFP challenge and good luck in the draw.

    Hugs
    Joanie

    ReplyDelete
  23. You have been busy. What wonderful projects. Thank you for joining us at CRAFT.
    Nikki x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow...you've been busy crafting and lifewise :) Thanks you so much for creating with us at LUFP!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Busy, busy girl!!! Love the ribbons you used for the I Spy sketch...thanks for playing!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love all of your projects! If I had to pick a favorite, I think I'd have to pick the cute trick or treater! I am happy to be a new follower!

    Hugs,
    HL

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are so creative...stunning designs. I have worked for the Print VIP cards company and this design inspire me so much. I would like to try once to design like this, if you don't mind. I appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete
  28. So many fabulous creations...very creative of you! Great take on the SOUS sketch, love the corset! Thanks for sharing this with us!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great projects! Really love your bean card! Thanks for joining us at 3GJ!

    Many blessings,
    Zeni
    www.scrappyzeni.com

    ReplyDelete
  30. You have been BUSY! Wow all your creations are great!!
    TFS and playing along with 3GJ's Ribbon and Coffee Challenge!!
    Hope you see you back for our next challenge beginning on Oct 5th
    Jessica
    3GJ~DT

    ReplyDelete
  31. WOW you have been super BUSY! And everything is so great :) Thanks for playing along with our sketch challenge at SOUS!

    ReplyDelete