Today has been hectic! to say the least. My kids got me up at around 8 am (which to me is too early; esp. if I went to bed at around 1 which I did). then after getting my migraine under control and feeding the kids I cleaned the house for Gwenna's party tomorrow and re-washed the laundry that was still in the machine since yesterday morning; cleaned up the pee spill in the kitchen, got the 2 year old out of the forbidden pit in the living room (it has books and things in it that need to stay away from kid fingers); took away cough drops that the kids found by my bed. Then folded all the clean laundry (three loads worth) with my 2 & 4 year old helping all the while. then answered all my emails (over 45 received over night; which might not seem like much to some of you) Then as I was finishing up 8 new projects I got the girls lunch, their 5th pair of clean clothes today, clean up the yogurt and orange juice that was spilled in the living room. then cleaned up a pee mess in the kitchen and another in the forbidden pit (pit of despair to those who live here); throw away a few books that were soaked with pee :'( and re address my brother's congratulations baby card cause it came back to us :-/ Next my husband and I went searching for my daughter's magic underpants (they're there one second and gone the next... thank goodness she's not 16 yet). then the older daughter put shampoo all over her (dressed) younger sister's head and face so we gave the 2 year old a tearful impromptu bath (at least she smells better than after the said yogurt incident). But even in all of this chaos I still love those little monsters and i'll get up tomorrow morning and do it all over again...
Thanks for listening to my rant and now onto my projects and their corresponding challenges etc.
1) First project I made for some sisters at my church that I plan on visiting this month. the sketch is from stuck on U sketches but this one is for Link Up for Pink. I loved the sketch so I had to use it and I saw this corset card on the silhouette store so I shrunk it down to fit on a little match book box. the matchbook box is from Lettering Delights and the paper is from a paper pack I picked up at Porters. Inside I put some candies (mostly so I wouldn't eat them).
2) Second project is for Stuck on U sketches based on this sketch: and I liked the box I made for link up for pink and so I decided to do another one for Stuck on U. I really liked this gray paper so I used it instead of another pink box.
3) Third Project: this one is for 3 Girl Jam : coffee and ribbon I don't drink coffee so I don't have many stamps that would go with this but I found a png file of a coffee bean and I have a stamp that says "How've ya Bean" ! love it :)
4) Fourth Project: I made this cute little birthday card with 3 balloons for Made Especially for U weekly challenges (this one was 3 of an object; and the object was balloons) :) I thought it would be a good boy card or something.
5) Fifth Project: This one I really wanted to use some cut outs that I made and stored away for a rainy day. while today is sunny and nice in Rexburg, Id I still wanted to use these cute houses! And the stamp says "From our house to yours"! this is for Ispy sketches: ISSC34
6) Sixth Project: This next card was inspired by Bright Wish Kanzashi Studios http://www.flickr.com/photos/brightwishkanzashi/ I chose the dragonflies. this card is for The Paper Cabana #3 & for Cardz TV: Bling.
I got a png file of dragonflies and cut out the tracing of the outside for this project. I used glitter glue, rhinestones and pearls for the bling.
(BRB my 2 year old found more cough drops and apparently my lip stick also... all right it was cough drops but not lip stick... it was my only cherry access bar [for working out; from Melaleuca] and now I think I want to give up...)
The paper Cabana: http://www.thepapercabana.com/
Cardz TV: http://cardztv.blogspot.com/
okay I can do this... only 2 more projects to blog and then I can... I donno get my frustrations out through cleaning or something... or take a nap...
7) Project Seven: is for DL.Art Halloween/ Fall colors or owl or all and Retro Sketch #29. I bought a candy corn cut file from the silhouette online store and used my Halloween stamps I received for Christmas a year or two ago and some white embossing powder to make this cute little card.
Retro Sketches: http://retrosketches.blogspot.com/
8) Eighth Project: this one is for CRAFT challenge #173 ~Children; and I loved the matchboxes that I made earlier that I wanted to make a bigger one this time. I also used Costume Clubhouse cut it set from Lettering Delights for the boy and his bucket! so cute and it reminded me of my 4 year old, Gwenna, cause she has a basket just like that she takes trick or treating. I used some glitter glue to make the mask and the bandages pop as well as some Recollections foam adhesive mini circles as well as some velcro I bought at Walmart in their sewing department.
Happy Crafting everyone and hope you all join in on the fun at these great challenges!