Saturday, October 6, 2012

A Quick Update!

Come vote for me... or whomever you like :D

Yeay! I've been nominated for the first Red Carpet Studio award show!  Starting this Sunday (October 7th) bloggers can vote for which projects they like best for each category. Here is a list of the categories and the nominees:

"Silent" Layout Category
Nancy
Jen
Elaine
Sandra ~me!

Pun Cards Category
Vicki
Joyce
Stef
Karen

"Seeing Stars" Layout Sketch
Jen
Nancy
Heidi
Christi

Sci-Fi Cards
Maida
Debra
Kerry 
Judith

"The project with the most votes in each category will receive a customized trophy badge for their blogs, along with their project photo permanently displayed in our display case! This will be a new addition to the award show page after our first show has ended. Winners will be announced on Sunday October 14th, along with the start of a new card challenge. Award shows run the first FULL week of every month, and feature all the winners of the previous month's challenges, both the randomly chosen winner and also the spotlight submissions.

Voting ends on Saturday October 13th, and the number of times you can vote is unlimited. Please make sure to let your crafty friends and bloggers stop by Red Carpet Studio to vote for your project! The project photos will be displayed on the Award Show page and the polls will be on the sidebar of the blog."



Fitness News!!
this is just a little update of what's been going on with me.  I've been spending more time with the kids and with studying, which have helped a lot with the pleasantness of life.  Also I found my extra exercise clothes (I left my normal ones at my M-I-L's house) so i'm probably going to start a page for physical fitness, weird things I learn from my classes and my progress in getting certified as well as weight loss. & of course that includes embarrassing pictures of me.  I could use all of your love and support to succeed!  It'll be a struggle for me since in high school I was bulimic; but this time i'm determined to do things right & not cause so much harm to my body.  Please support me in this.  And i'm typing this as I'm slouching and scarfing down caramel candy corn... okay it's away now.

Recipe!!
I don't cook very often but I think I rock the dish when I do.  I'm a bit of a perfectionist so cooking is complicated to me.  Baking is my forte but today I made taco soup in the crock pot using a recipe my good friend, Racheal, gave to me years ago.  I love the taste & we always alter it a tad to our tastes when we cook it.

Taco Soup

Ingredients:
2 cans Dark Red Kidney Beans & juices
1 can whole kernel corn & juices
1 can Diced Tomatoes & juices
1 Lg Can tomato sauce 
1 packet Taco Seasoning
1 1/2 to 2 lbs Ground Beef (Browned)

Instructions:
  1. Mix all ingredients together in Large crock pot
  2. Heat & serve warm with chips & cheese.
These are my alterations you're welcome to add this recipe to your collection (*please note that I got this from a friend... I don't know if her mom got it from a recipe that was copywrited...):

I didn't have diced tomatoes but I did have crushed tomatoes and a small can of tomato sauce so I added the crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce and diced two fresh tomatoes and added them in.  I don't have packets of taco seasoning so I looked up how much seasoning was in a McCormack packet of taco seasoning and it's about 3 TBS.  We also like our food a little spicier so we added some salsa we love. You can taste it before you add the meat...I added all this in set it to heat up then added my defrosted ground beef in a Wok, cooked it and added it to the crock pot.  I set it on Med heat for 1 hr. (just to make sure it all cooked right)  and presto... serve it in a bowl with shredded cheese on top and a bunch of scoops (chips) and yum! even my kids ate it! a phenomenon since they rarely eat anything.



A Surprise from my hubby!!
My husband has been amazing lately (well always but a lot lately)  and the other day he brought me home some of my favorite flowers!  Lilies and Roses!


Projects!!
today I also wanted to share some projects I made... :) enjoy:



 1) Another Birthday Card: I used a 4"x 4 1/4" card base in grey. A 4"x 3 3/4" piece of paper in grey from Stampin' Up!  2 1"x 2 3/4" Banners in the grey paper from stampin' Up! but the other side (love double sided papers)  Then 1 1x3" Banner in black from my scrap stash.  The Happy birthday stamp is from The Craft's Meow Lovely Ovals and is stamped on the same card stock as the base.  I embossed 2 star bursts and a balloon using Jim Holtz distressed embossing ink pad & white ZING embossing powder.  The twine is from Studio G.

 This card is being entered into...

DCWV diary card sketch for October: http://dcwvinc.blogspot.com/

The Paper Cabana Challenge #5 Monochromatic:http://www.thepapercabana.com/

Simon Says Stamp: http://simonsaysstampblog.blogspot.com/

The Old Back Porch: http://www.oldbackporch.com/
2) This Layout is following the DCWV layout sketch for October:   It's a work in progress sort of deal I think.  I used papers from my scrap stash, stamps from The Craft's Meow and the journaling box is from Creative Memories.

close up of the border from Vintage Clocks

Pumpkin from Fall Blessings; leaf from Fall Fibi & Lilly, Enjoy Harvest Blessings from Good Times stamp set.



 This layout is going into...

DCWV diary layout sketch challenge: http://dcwvinc.blogspot.com/


2 comments:

  1. Loving all your nw projects and right now it is cold here and that Taco soups looks VERY GOOD!!! I just voted. I think maybe I was the first it said to vote in each category and after I vote still showed 0%.

    Hugs Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your monochromatic card for the paper cabana! Thanks for sharing your inspiration! Kathi

    ReplyDelete