Friday, October 26, 2012

Challenge entries...

5th page of my Christmas book this year.

isn't this cutie wild?!
Today is a sick day for me...again...but I have been hard at work creating some cards to share with you all.  For those of you who posted on the altered journal blog hop thanks so much.  your comments meant the world to me.   Let me just tell you about the products I used and get that out of the way...  for the layout I had some candy stamps from my MIL that I've been dying to use.  once I saw the theme for the red carpet studio challenge this week I knew just what I wanted to do with it.  I really want to make a 12 days of Christmas project for my husband this year and this time document it.  Rings was perfect for one of the pages so i found these gold rings on the silhouette store and cut them out on my silhouette. I used Gold & clear embossing powder on them and my white ZIG marker on the leaves and berries and presto... cute right?
I also found the cute little deer on the silhouette store & following Silhouette america's sketch I created this cutie.  to me this says wild (yet sweet). I used washi tape from downtown tape and Basic's rhinestones. For this birthday card that looks like it's been run over... let me explain.  So the brown background was dry embossed using my cuttlebug & wood grain folder then distressed it with some sand paper to show some of the white.  the green was cut with some decorative scissors to add a border and the gold was dry embossed with a leaf folder in my cuttlebug.  I made the happy birthday banner and but it all together to go along with the Mojo Monday sketch for the week.  then the inside looked bald so I wanted to run the sentiment area through the cuttlebug with the wood grain folder but accidentally put the front through again... oops.  it looks very distressed now & I think that's kinda what I was going for in a men's birthday card anyway so I let it be.  And probably one of my favorites is this snow scene.  I saw an instructional video on Operation Write Home & copied it completely...I used the swiss dots embossing folder, a house from silhouette, a stamp of a tree from my MIL and lots of glitter glue.  All of these cards are using my scraps.  Hope you like them.

Challenges:
Silhouetteamerica~sketch: http://blog.silhouetteamerica.com/

Thanks for stopping by & Happy Crafting Everyone!

14 comments:

  1. great layout...perfect for this week's challenge. Thank you for playing at Red Carpet Studio♥

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a very clever idea for a Christmas layout. Great job!!! Thanks for playing at RCS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards and layout! Love your reindeer - the red frame and the green bling are the perfect finishing touches! Thanks so much for getting wild with us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super cute cards. Loving the reindeer. You have been very busy.

    Nana
    ♥ My Crafting Channel ♥
    Email Me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You have been a very busy girl! All the cards are lovely but I must say my favorite would be the snow scene, it looks so warm and inviting. Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving me a comment, It really brightens my day when someone goes out of there way and leaves a bit of love.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute--I love the tag swapped out for the reindeer!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wonderful projects... your CASology card is so sweet! thanks for playing along with us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Like your Christmas Book idea. Nice way to record memories. Thanks for entering Pause Dream Enjoy Candy challenge.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    PDE DT Group B

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love that cute deer and the fun frame on your card. Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for playing at Red Carpet Studio...Stacy B

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great projects. Thanks for entering PauseDreamEnjoy Candy challenge.
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a great project! I love all your things, especially that reindeer. Thanks for playing with us at Pause Dream Enjoy Challenges :)

    michelle
    http://mumoftwoblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete