Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Good Morning!

Good morning all my crafting friends :) as you probably can tell, right now, i'm a total morning person.  I love it! I feel like I have a whole new day ahead of me and tons of energy, usually, to accomplish anything.  anyway.  i'm not posting to tell you about the sunrise, I have 2 new cards to share & some information.

First the cards:
for my first one I used the sketch over at Peachy Keen Stamps.  I paper pieced this cute little kitty (fibi or lilly) holding a pumpkin from The Crafts Meow fall blessings stamp set. The sentiment is from the same set just FYI.  I used scrap pieces of paper, as they're overflowing my storage system, and used orange and black polka dot as well as yellow studio G ribbon.  It does look a little Halloween-ish but to me Gold, Orange & Black say autumn.
Challenges:
Paper playtime~ Autumn colors:http://paperplaytime.blogspot.com/
Hiding in my craft room~Color challenge~ your choice:http://www.hidinginmycraftroom.com/


My second card for today is a christmas card using the ISSC40 sketch and will be for that challenge (http://ispysketches.blogspot.com/).  I used an oval from The Craft's Meow lovely ovals set and cut out the center,  ColorBox red ink pad, kind of difficult because my 2 year old tried to eat it and totally destroyed it but it still had some ink in it so I used it,  Studio G ribbon, green & gold paper scraps, and a blue ink pad from Marvy Matchables with a snowflake stamp from Joann.  I didn't add a sentiment to the front because I thought it looked complete.  I also used foam adhesive mini circles to pop up the oval and the snowflake.  

Hope you like my cards so far today.  Hopefully I'll be able to create some more for you all; My finals are on Friday though and I think i'll pass but I want to study some more just in case.  I also have my first group meeting tonight and I need to hit the gym some time today.  I also have a gazillion Christmas projects to sew &/or knit and my daughter's birthday party on Saturday so I might not be able to post till things calm down a little.  

Now for my big news!
If all goes well between today and Dec. 15th, I'll be taking part in another blog hop!  This time about Christmas Cards.  You're welcome to come hop with us and I may have some blog candy for someone. :) stay tuned on that.

Now, i'm off to take the kids to their Dr. Appt.
Happy Crafting everyone!

17 comments:

  1. Love the ribbon 'ground' your kitty is standing on! Thanks so much for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Darling cards! Thanks for playing along at Peachy Keen's Sketch Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great cards! I love the cute stamp on the first one! :) Thanks for joining us at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Kimberly
    Cut It Up

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both your cards are so awesome!! I love the kitty stamp...she's so sweet!! Thanks so much for playing along at Paper Playtime :)

    Lisa
    A Mermaid's Crafts
    Paper Playtime DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girl...you are busy!!! Your little one eating an ink pad...oh my!! Thanks for playing at I Spy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really cute cards!!
    Thanks for Playing with us @ PKS!!
    TFS!! Take Care!!
    Jennie @ http://earthyscrap.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. very cute, I love that stamp, shes adorable :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awwww...so sweet! So glad you joined us this week at Peachy Keen!!!

    housesbuiltofcards@gmail.com
    www.housesbuiltofcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW you are churning out those cards! Thanks for playing along at iSpy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nicely done, thanks for joining CTVS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. both cards are lovely... your CASology card is so sweet! thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two smashing cards, I found your blog through your CASology entry - what a sweet kitty image.
    hugs
    wynneth
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. What an adorable card! Thank you for playing along with the Peachy Keen Sketch Challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my goodness, she is just too darn sweet. Fabulous card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are both great cards ~ I am however partial to the first one ~ LOVE how you paper pieced the sweet kitty!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great thank you card! Love the ribbon you used! Thanks for playing along at Cut It Up Challenges! :)

    Karen
    craftedwithlovebykaren.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love both the cards, and I agree with the autumn colors. Such a sweet face on that kitty!
    Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up Challenge Blog!
    Evelyn

    ReplyDelete